Data protection policy
Trust in Innovation Terms and Conditions
Palexpo as organizer, is bound by the following policy for data protection:
This website has been created and published by PALEXPO SA, whose registered office is in Switzerland, Rue François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, registered in the Commercial Register of the Canton of Geneva under the number CHE 114.342.370 (hereafter: Palexpo).
We undertake to handle your personal data responsibly. We therefore take it for granted that we will comply with the legal requirements of the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA), the Ordinance on the Federal Data Protection Act (FDPA), the Telecommunications Act (TCA) and the other provisions of Swiss data protection legislation. In addition, we will comply with the provisions of the new European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) insofar as it applies to us.
In the following, we would like to inform you about how we process your personal data.
Scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data
When you visit our website
When you visit our website, our servers temporarily store each access in a log file.
The collection and processing of this data is generally done anonymously without personal reference for the purpose of enabling the use of the website (establishment of the connection), for the long-term security and stability of the system and for the optimization of the Internet offer, as well as for statistical purposes. The above-mentioned information is not linked to personal data or stored together with them.
Only in the event of an attack on the network infrastructure of the Palexpo website and its subsidiaries, the sites of its events and events organized on behalf of Palexpo, or in the event of a suspicion of any other illegal or abusive use of the website, will the IP address be analyzed for the purposes of clarification and defense and, if necessary, used in the context of criminal proceedings for the purpose of identifying the user concerned and for civil and criminal proceedings.
Please refer to the Tracking-Tools section below for further information in connection with log files.
In the event of subscription to newsletters, use of contact forms, participation in a competition within the framework of Palexpo events and events organized by Palexpo on a commission basis
In order to receive the newsletter or to contact us by means of a form, the truthful entry of some or all of the following personal data is required – e-mail address – title – first name – Last name – postal address – telephone number
We need this information to process your request, send you newsletters, and/or use the data for marketing purposes as described below.
In case of online ticket purchases
The following data is required: – e-mail address – title – first name – last name – postal address – phone number – date of birth – bank details (credit card information)
We need this information to process your order. We may also use this information for marketing purposes, as described below.
In case of media accreditation
The following data is required: – e-mail address – title – first name – last name – job title – company – type of media / area of coverage – postal address – phone number – press card
We need these details to legitimize your activity as a media representative in order to give you specific access to events.
If you register for an event as a professional exhibitor/visitor
The following data is required: – e-mail address – title – first name – last name – title / function – company – postal address – country – phone number
This information is processed in order to enter into a business relationship. We may also use this information for marketing purposes, as described below.
Passing on data to third parties
We will only pass on your data if you have given your express consent, if we are obliged to do so by law or if it is necessary to enforce our rights. We also pass on your data to companies that are affiliated with us. In addition, we pass on the personal data of users to third parties insofar as this is necessary for the use of the website and for answering questions, processing inquiries or providing services requested by the user. The use by third parties of the data provided for this purpose is strictly limited to the above-mentioned purposes, subject to the following in connection with use for marketing purposes.
Use for marketing purposes
Data from interaction with the conference
The event Trust in Innovation, through Blockchain , AI & Quantum, is a congress with free participation. It can be held thanks to funding from sponsors, presenting companies and speakers. The latter have an interest in communicating with contacts interested in the knowledge and services they offer. This congress is therefore a crossroads bringing together economic actors who offer commercial services in relation to the interest of the participants. As such, the very principle of the event lies in the transmission of the participants’ data to the companies that present themselves for marketing and promotional purposes, only for the purpose validated by the participant.
Newsletter and other marketing campaigns
By registering for the newsletter, you expressly agree that we may use your address and personal data for marketing campaigns, such as sending newsletters about Palexpo events and events organized by Palexpo under contract, invitations to events and satisfaction surveys. You can unsubscribe from all marketing campaigns at any time. You will find the contact details under “Contacts” below. You will also find an unsubscribe link in all newsletter e-mails.
In addition, we are authorized to commission third parties with the technical development of marketing campaigns and are therefore entitled to make your personal data available to third parties for this purpose.
With each newsletter sent, there is information about the address file used, the subject and the number of newsletters sent. We can also see which addresses have not yet received the newsletter, to which address it was sent and for which addresses the sending failed. There is also the opening rate, including information about the addresses that opened the newsletter and clicked on the different links and/or made a purchase (tracking pixels). Finally, there is also information about the addresses that have unsubscribed. We use this data for statistical purposes and to optimize the newsletter in terms of content and structure.
Transfer of personal data abroad
Palexpo is entitled to pass on your data to third-party companies abroad, insofar as this is necessary for the processing of your inquiries, the provision of services and marketing campaigns. These third-party companies are obliged to respect the privacy of the users in the same way as the provider itself.
Right to information, deletion and correction
You can request information about your personal data stored by us at any time. Requests for information must be submitted in writing with proof of identity. You also have the right to request the deletion or correction of your data stored with us at any time.
You can send a corresponding request to email@example.com. Further contact options can be found under “Contact”.
Please note that certain data must be stored for a certain period of time by law. Such data must therefore remain stored with us until these periods expire. We block this data in our system and only use it to comply with legal requirements.
Information for children and parents
The website of Palexpo and its subsidiaries, the websites of its events and events organized under mandate are intended for an adult audience. Minors, in particular children under the age of 16, are not permitted to submit personal data to us or to register for a service. If we become aware that such data has been transmitted to us, it will be deleted from our database. The parents (or legal guardians) of the child can contact us and request the deletion or de-registration. For this purpose, we need a copy of an official document proving that you are a parent or a person responsible for the upbringing of the child.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures that we consider adequate to protect your data stored by us against manipulation, partial or total loss and unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously adapted to the latest technological developments.
We also take our own internal data protection very seriously. Our employees and the service companies we have commissioned are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the legal provisions on data protection. Furthermore, access to personal data is only granted to the extent necessary.
Cookies help, among other things, to make your visit to the Palexpo website and its subsidiaries, the websites of its events and the events it organizes on behalf of Palexpo easier, more pleasant and more useful. Cookies are information files that your Internet browser automatically saves on your computer’s hard drive when you visit our website.
Cookies do not damage your computer’s hard drive and do not transmit your personal data to us.
Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you receive a warning when a new cookie arrives. You can find more information about this in the settings options of your browser.
However, if you deactivate cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions of our portal.
The Palexpo website, the websites of its events and the events organized on its behalf use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (www.google.com). The data collected by means of cookies deposited by this site are collected by Google Analytics for a period of 14 months. Google Analytics uses methods to analyze the use of the website, such as “cookies” (see “Cookies” above). The information about the use of the website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, the IP address will be shortened in the member states of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the European Economic Area Convention, as well as in Switzerland, before it is transmitted to the USA. The complete IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is shortened only in exceptional cases. The anonymized IP address transmitted by the user’s browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
For your information, the following data is stored within the scope of the data collected in accordance with the above – the IP address of the requesting computer, – the date and time of the access, – the name and URL of the accessed data, – the website from which our domain was accessed, – the operating system of your computer and the browser you are using, – the country from which our website was accessed, and – the name of your Internet service provider.
The information is used to analyze the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services related to the use of the website for market research purposes and to organize the website as required.
Users can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and relating to the use of the website by the user concerned (including the IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr
As an alternative to the browser plug-in, users can click on the banner at the bottom of the page to prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics on the website in future. An opt-out cookie is stored on the user’s terminal. If users delete cookies (see “Cookie” above), this banner at the bottom of the page must be clicked again.
Social Media Features
Links to our social media presences
We have integrated links to our social media profiles on the following social networks on the website of Palexpo and its subsidiaries, the websites of its events and the events organized under mandate – Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, – Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA – Pinterest, Inc, 808 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, – Twitter Inc, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA – LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland – Snap Inc, 63 Market Street, Venice, CA 90291, USA – YouTube, a service operated by Google Inc.
Certain content (texts and photos, user name) published on social networks in direct connection with Palexpo events and events organized by Palexpo under mandate may be taken over for display on the sites mentioned.
You can link to the selected social network by clicking on the relevant social network icons. To do this, however, you need to log in to your corresponding user account, or you must already be logged in.
A direct link between your browser and the server of the respective social network is established if you choose one of the available features and click on the symbol of the respective social network. The network thus receives the information that you have visited our website with your IP address and accessed the link. If you visit a link to a network while logged into your account in the relevant network, the contents of your site can be linked to your profile in the network, which means that your network can attribute your visit to our website directly to your user account. If you wish to prevent this from happening, you should log out before clicking on any links. An attribution takes place in any case if you log in to the respective network after activating the link.
If you have any questions about data protection on our website, if you would like information or to have your data deleted, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By letter, please send your request to the following address
Palexpo SA Data Protection Office (dpo) P.O. Box 112 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex
Consent and authorization
By accepting our data protection policy, you signify your consent and authorize us in accordance with the applicable content of the above text. For clarification purposes, your consent and authorizations relate in particular to one or more of the following elements (depending on the context in which the data is processed), it being specified that you may revoke them, in whole or in part, at any time and for the future. Thus, your consent may imply, depending on the case(s) concerned, that you agree that Palexpo, if necessary with the assistance of third parties:
- process your personal data in order to provide the services you request from Palexpo and/or any of its related entities;
- regularly sends you information by e-mail about Palexpo and its subsidiaries, its events and events organized under mandate and/or invitations to events related to Palexpo;
- collects cookies in order to collect, record and use usage data for marketing purposes;
- offers you, if necessary through personalized advertising, events related to Palexpo, including in particular invitations, satisfaction surveys, special offers and services, if necessary on the basis of additional data to be submitted for specific analysis.
HeySummit Platform Terms & Conditions
1.1. The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in these terms.
Authorised Users means those employees, agents and independent contractors of the Customer who are authorised by the Customer to use the Services and the Documentation.
Customer means the person or business which purchases the Services from the Operator.
Customer Data means the data inputted by the Customer, Authorised Users, the Operator or HeySummit on the Customer’s behalf for the purpose of using the Services or facilitating the Customer’s use of the Services including blog posts of the Customer posted on the Customers website.
Documentation means the HeySummit documentation made available to the Customer online via https://heysummit.com/ or such other web address notified by Operator or HeySummit to the Customer from time to time which sets out a description of the Services and the user instructions for the Services.
HeySummit means Hey Summit Ltd registered at 71–75 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9JQ under company number 11538852.
HeySummit Marks means any trademarks, service marks, service or trade names, logos, and other designations of HeySummit and its affiliates that we may make available to you in connection with this Agreement.
Operator means the HeySummit customer from whom the Customer has purchased the Services.
Platform means the digital resource provided by HeySummit to the Operator to allow the Operator’s Customers to run and participate in online summits.
Services means provision of the Hey Summit Platform.
Software means the online software applications provided by HeySummit as part of the Services.
User Subscriptions means the user subscriptions purchased by the Customer which entitle Authorised Users to access and use the Services and the Documentation in accordance with these terms.
Virus means any thing or device (including any software, code, file or programme) which may: prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or network, any telecommunications service, equipment or network or any other service or device; prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect access to or the operation of any programme or data, including the reliability of any programme or data (whether by re-arranging, altering or erasing the programme or data in whole or part or otherwise); or adversely affect the user experience, including worms, trojan horses, viruses and other similar things or devices.
- User subscriptions
- 2.1. Subject to the Customer purchasing User Subscriptions, the restrictions set out in this clause 2 and the other terms and conditions of these terms, HeySummit hereby grants to the Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable right, without the right to grant sublicences, to permit the Authorised Users to use the Services and the Documentation during the Subscription Term solely for the Customer’s internal business operations.
- 2.2. In relation to the Authorised Users, the Customer undertakes that:
- 2.2.1. the maximum number of Authorised Users that it authorises to access and use the Services and the Documentation shall not exceed the number of User Subscriptions it has purchased from time to time;
- 2.2.2. it will not allow or suffer any User Subscription to be used by more than one individual Authorised User unless it has been reassigned in its entirety to another individual Authorised User, in which case the prior Authorised User shall no longer have any right to access or use the Services and/or Documentation;
- 2.2.3. each Authorised User shall keep a secure password for his use of the Services and Documentation, that such password shall be changed no less frequently than monthly and that each Authorised User shall keep his password confidential.
- Conditions of use of the Services
- 3.1. The Customer shall not access, store, distribute or transmit any Viruses, or any material during the course of its use of the Services that:
- 3.1.1. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- 3.1.2. facilitates illegal activity;
- 3.1.3. depicts sexually explicit images;
- 3.1.4. promotes unlawful violence;
- 3.1.5. is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability; or
- 3.1.6. is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property; and HeySummit reserves the right, without liability or prejudice to its other rights to the Customer, to disable the Customer’s access to any material that breaches the provisions of this clause. HeySummit is not obliged to remove or recognise such content contained in any material or Customer Data and the Customer shall be fully liable for the same.
- 3.2. The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that content of the Customer Data is satisfactory for publication to Third Party Social Sites and is in compliance with clause 3.3 above.
- 3.3. The Customer shall indemnify HeySummit against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by HeySummit arising out of or in connection actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of or in connection with publication of the Customer Data.
- 3.4. The Customer shall not, except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties and except to the extent expressly permitted under these terms:
- 3.4.1 attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Software and/or Documentation (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means; or
- 3.4.2 attempt to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Software; or
- 3.4.3 access all or any part of the Services and Documentation in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services and/or the Documentation; or
- 3.4.4 use the Software, Services and/or Documentation to provide services to third parties; or
- 3.4.5 license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit Services and/or Documentation except as permitted under the Agreement.
- 3.4.6 attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Services and/or Documentation, other than as provided under this clause 3; and
- 3.5. The Customer shall use all reasonable endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Services and/or the Documentation and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify HeySummit.
- 3.6. The rights provided under this clause 3 are granted to the Customer only, and shall not be considered granted to any subsidiary or holding company of the Customer.
- Proprietary rights
- 4.1. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that HeySummit and/or its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Services, Software and the Documentation. Except as expressly stated herein, the Customer is not granted any rights to, under or in, any patents, copyright, database right, trade secrets, trade names, trade marks (whether registered or unregistered), or any other rights or licences in respect of the Services or the Documentation.
- 4.2 All licenses granted to the Customer are conditional on the Customer’s continued compliance with these terms, and will immediately and automatically terminate if the Customer does not comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. During and after the Subscription Term, the Customer will not assert, nor will the Customer authorize, assist, or encourage any third party to assert, against us or any of HeySummit’s affiliates, customers, vendors, business partners, or licensors, any patent infringement or other intellectual property infringement claim regarding any Services, Software or Documentation The Customer is not allowed to use HeySummit Marks without prior written consent from HeySummit.
- 4.3. HeySummit confirms that it has all the rights in relation to the Services and the Documentation that are necessary to grant all the rights it purports to grant under, and in accordance with, the terms of these terms.
- Governing law
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).